Tuesday, June 14, 2011

So we start with me

I am Kelli-anne Schultz.  Born in 1967 at Sandringham Hospital, Victoria.

The family lines I have started with are:

Paternal:
Schultz - my grandfather
Lambeth - my grandmother

Maternal:
Ellen - my grandfather
Thynne - my grandmother

This is exciting and somewhat addictive.  I know there are a few convicts on my maternal side and an elopement!  On my dad's side, lots of sadness and mystery.

One thing that has struck me since starting this is just how tough things were for the women folk.  So many babies to be had and then so many to be lost, it is just heartbreaking.

Well, this blog will hopefully grow and develop as I find out new things.  I hope to put some pages up of photos, links and other useful things I find along the way.

Anyway, if you are following I hope you enjoy my journey

Kelli

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Genealogy is so interesting! I'd like to look my family up more when i have a chance. I always thought you were born in Tassie though! :)

Leah said...

Woot, am following along :)

B i r g i t t a said...

Good luck Kelli - I will also follow :)

jen said...

Good luck, It is such fun discovering the mysteries of the past!!